Thursday, May 17, 2012

real hope ahead

Hello friends. It has been almost a month since I wrote on my blog. I'm so sorry. Things have been hectic at work and I don't have internet at home right now. Life is ok; moving along. Kids are good. Life as a straight wife is always interesting. I am so glad to be legally, physically, and emotionally separated from my gay husband. I will let you all know when I can finally say he's my ex husband. Tough stuff for all of us, though. I shared my story with two friends last night and it was interesting to tell it from the place of being 14 months post leaving the home and 12 months post discovering the reality of him being gay; not healed of being gay as he had claimed. All of my children have been told my side of the story now and with God's grace they're progressing in their understanding and acceptance of it. A lot could be worse, but in time a lot will be better as well. Last night at bible study, the leader asked us each to chose one word that describes where we are now as we look ahead a bit  in our lives. I chose the word "hopeful". I like that word. The last time I was in a place like this I was separated from an abusive man and pregnant with my second child, a daughter who I decided to give the middle name Hope to. I had gone through very tough times and was looking ahead with hope. I am doing the same now. I hope all of you can too.

Take care and feel free to write anytime.

debbie

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    You are such a strong inspiration for so many of our women who are going through gay husband recovery (GHR). Thank you for always being so giving to everyone who needs support. You always go that extra mile to help others. What a blessing it is to me to know you! I'm so proud of you--always!
    Love, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Bonnie! I wouldn't be here if you weren't out there doing your amazing and selfless work. Thanks for YOUR inspiration. You have some impossibly huge and original shoes that nobody can fill, but just to get to walk the road WITH you is a precious honor!

    love always,
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Debbie ~
    Found your blog on SSN and decided to take a peek - hope you don't mind!

    My husband came out to me last July after 27 years of marriage. Quite a shock because he was a fundamental Christian! Fast forward to now - still married, in separate bedrooms, and he's still my best friend. He doesn't want a relationship with a man and has never had one - feels it would be a giant sin and that if he doesn't act on it, he'll be okay. Good for him, but I'm not okay yet.

    I'm trying to decide about divorce, but having difficulty. I've been in therapy since July, and praying like crazy for the Lord to show me the way...still no concrete answer because I keep going back and forth, wondering if it's okay for a Christian to divorce...

    I'm so glad you're finding your way, and that you are doing well. Keep us posted on your progress!

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Diego from Argentina and I want to share with you all how I got my ex back after she left me on the 20th of may because of some misunderstanding between us, I tried to resolve it with her but she never gave me a chance , i begged and begged but she said she was done . two weeks ago I came in contact with Dr Donald , I explain to him how I have been trying to get my ex back but all to no avail and he told me to give him my ex name and photo and I gave him and he told me that 24 hours from now my ex girlfriend will come back to me I left with little faith, Behold the next day my ex girlfriend was at my apartment rigging the door bell I opened the door and she went on her knees begging me to accept her back I quickly grab her and carried her inside and since that day till now and forever we are happily together and our love keeps growing stronger . a big thanks to to dr Donald you can contact dr Donald through donaldsolutiontemple@yahoo.com you can also reach him on WhatsApp +1 (938) 2044894 for any spell and solution to your illness and diseases thank you

    ReplyDelete