Tuesday, May 29, 2012

it's global

I just came across this exerpt:In the current issue of the Economist they have a story about homosexuality in China, and in it there was this interesting assertion:

The desire for male descendants has had many baleful consequences in China, and in recent years one that used to be hidden has come to light. Millions upon millions of women are trapped in loveless and often miserable marriages to homosexual men. [...]  It is estimated that 15-20% of gay men in America marry heterosexual women. But Liu Dalin, a pioneering sexologist now retired from the University of Shanghai, has put the share in China at 90%.
I am one of millions upon millions...but I am no longer trapped. It's tough enough in America, but I cannot imagine what the women in some of these very male dominated countries suffer through. I hope we can eventually reach them with the message that they are not alone.

debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment