Tuesday, March 20, 2012

real vulnerability

Look what I found out there on the world wide web:

Upon being asked what men would love in a woman, this straight man, who was formerly married to a lesbian, wrote some things that have sent me into an awe- inspiring and previously buried temptation to hope for something I wasn't sure was even possible.
 I didn't know there were men like this in this world.  This is what I believe most straight wives would only dream of ever receiving.
It seems that str8 husbands of lesbians and str8 wives of gay men have something in common: a desire to genuinely love and be loved freely and passionately and for a mutual appreciation for all the ways they are loved.  Yes, you may be thinking, "Isn't that what everyone would want?" Yes, I would think that most people would want that, BUT a str8 spouse of a homosexual has just flat out not ever experienced this in their marriage so it is something they need at a level of depth that would best enable them to completely and securely abandon themselves. I believe this comes from years of deprivation and from the pain that results.
Here are the words that so pulled at my heart strings upon reading them:


I would love in a woman honesty (even more so now), humor, a mind-blowing smile, romantic, sensual, confident, somewhat feminine (wasn't on list pre-marriage), intelligent, creative...pretty much the usual stuff that is probably posted on n% of on line dating service profiles, blah blah blah....

But in a more "real life" sense, I crave a woman who KNOWS how deeply I would appreciate every little thing about her, from the way she would wrinkle her nose like a bunny rabbit when laughing, to being totally blown away by small tokens and gestures of affection, to wanting to be nurtured as much as she wants to nurture her man. Even little things like when she comes home at end of the day, and I am practically as joyful as a puppy, and she totally digs it. Someone whose life is just as unfullfiled without me as I would be without her. I'm not trying to sound cocky or that I am all that (believe me, I'm not!), but a perfect fit for me would be someone whom I could be totally crazy for and she LOVES how crazy I am for her. I guess it's kinda "giver" vs. "taker" roles exemplified, and I desire to be with someone who also desires to be both. Maybe I am in dreamland or just have my head up my azz.
(see, he has a tough time hoping too)

Addendums (just rambling):
Calm in chaos,
Eyes that let you into her secret world
Loves touching and being touched
Knows the power of The Kiss
Is totally comfortable with herself whomever that happens to be but doesnt take herself (or life) TOO seriously
Not clingy / needy (way different than being passionately in love)
spontaneous
Willing to share every part of her life with me and learn every part of mine
Wants to be appreceiated. Expects it.
Loves being in love.

I could probably go on and on with this list, but hope this is good for starters.


Wow, is all I can say...
debbie



1 comment:

  1. Hey all! I feel a bit silly about this post, but hey, I guess I am just a hopeless romantic trying to have hope.
    debbie

    ReplyDelete